Thursday, June 2, 2011

Abs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?

I am closer than ever in my life to achieving six pack abs, only I cant seem to quite get there! Here's some details of me and my routine/diet:



Age: 20

Height: 5'9

Weight: 136lbs



Diet: 2 eggs and 1 toast for morning, snack on apples, bananas, and trail mix nuts till afternoon, dinner is 1 chicken breast grilled on George Foreman Grill with boiled veggies ( carrots, broccoli ).

Ive been on this sort of diet for over a week now, trying to use a six meal a day plan. Also Ive been consuming lots and lots of water. No junk food!



Routine: Weight lifting ( mostly upper body, chest, arms back etc) every night for an hour. Youtube's 8 minute abs everyday or second day. Running every night for 15-20 minutes, but last few nights up it to 40 minutes. Also twice a week I have a fitness cardio kickboxing class that I instruct, that lasts an hour and half



My Goals: Its June now, and I want visible abs in the next month or so.



So far Ive been gaining a very lean upper chest and arms. They are actually getting very defined and large. My top two abs are visible ( really well when I flex ) including my rib cage. I've noticed I have slimed down on the sides around my torso and the mid section. In some lighting you can see a clear outline of a sixpack. Ive been doing this roughly for a month, only the diet change and heavy weight lifting has been for about 2 and half weeks.



What I am asking for is advice on how to get there. And to examine my routine and tell me whats wrong and right, I'm no expert at this and Ive never had a six pack, even though I have tried numerous times. I'm putting so much hard work and dedication that I don't want to be doing all of this and not accomplishing my goal. Do I need to have more patience? More cardio? Or change the diet?



I hope many of you respond and help me, thanks!Abs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?
I think what you are doing sounds great, and you'll achieve your goal soon. However, I am wondering why you aren't eating lunch? I'd say you definitely need more protein in your diet, because protein is essential for building more muscle. You seem to be on the light side, and you may be burning more calories than you are taking in, and you'll start lossing weight and lean muscle if your calorie intake is too low. Definitely start keeping track of how many calories you are taking in. This number should NEVER go below 1200 or your body will go into starvation mode and start storing fat and burning lean muscle, which is the opposite of what you want to do. My suggestion is to add a lunch to your diet with lean meats such as skinless, boneless chicken. It's okay to have some whole grains too... just don't go more than two servings. Your exercise plan sounds great. You don't need to work abs every day either. Alternate days between cardio and weight training, and be sure to rest one day a week to give your muscles a chance to heal themselves. This is where you get results! You'll notice after the rest day that you will be stronger.Abs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?
I've checked out every diet known to man but nothing worked as good as acai berry. I understand they say that pills won't work, but they certainly worked for me, and they've been shown on CBS News too. There's a free trial happening right now at http://mecigs.transientdesign.net , try it out, what's the worst that could happen?Abs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?
try the 7 minute ab one on youtube EVERY day... that should do itAbs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?
It seems like your on the right track, just keep on doing it. Repetition and consistancy is what makes the difference =)Abs - So close, yet not visible abs yet!?
Great job. My suggestion is to eliminate the trail mix for snack because it has too much calories. Replace it with more fruits or almond.



To ensure you are eating healthy, keep an accurate food journal. Write down everything you eat or drink. Record when you exercise and how long will also help you to look at trends.



Another reason for a plateau is that your body is adjusting to the new weight. My advice would be to stay focused with your diet and exercise regimen. That is why committing to continuing on with the weight loss and you will reach your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment