Thursday, June 2, 2011

Was i too harsh on my friends? Are they really my friends?

On youtube there is this guy (english, 19), Charlie McDonnell who has many videos and songs that i like. in almost every one he says his name, age, and stuff about him so its not hard to no his info. He has this one song that my friend and i would always sing, (this was last week) because we liked it.



My one friend is totally into the lead singer of the band All Time Low, and had changed her yahoo profile picture and name to his. i thought that it wouldn't cause to much of a freak out with my friends if i changed my profile picture to Charlie, making my name Yay Charlie McDonnell. Turns out i couldn't say something in an accent with out called all names and stuff that i just cant stand from my FRIENDS! so i stopped anything that had to do with England, him, or sang songs in school. I know that when my friends teased me about it and said i was obsessed with him and loved him and all that stuff they were joking around, but when i told them to stop they didn't. and i cant stand people saying those things to me or other people, idk why.



I couldn't figure out a way to make them stop, so i got mad. they wouldn't let it drop! even when i changed my pictures and name and everything and stopped totally about anything about him, they wouldn't let up.



And Monday on yahoo my BEST FRIEND, the one who showed me his vids in the first place, and was truly obsessed with him for about a week, told my cousin that Charlie was this dude that i was totally in love with and was obsessed with and wanted to marry. I got really annoyed because she was the one who really understood how i felt about people saying that i was obsessed. So i kinda %26quot;yelled%26quot; at them saying how none of them said anything when my other friend was really into Charlie and Alex, but when i for less then a week change my picture and name to something i like, everything is wrong with it. I said other things too....but that was the most important for me.



My friends are now mad at me and wont talk to me, and this happened tuesday. Was i too harsh on them or are they not my friends? Help! im so confused!!Was i too harsh on my friends? Are they really my friends?
No, you weren't to harsh. If they were good friends they'd know what %26quot;stop%26quot; means. The next time you talk to them (Don't be stubborn, sometimes you have to be the one to make the effort) tell them that you're not sorry that you got mad at them (unless you are) and that you thought they would stop when you said stop because they're your friends. Also tell them that you've never made fun of them after they told you to quit (unless you have lol) . Don't forget to let them know that you expected them to be good friends and understand you. I suggest that you talk to your best friend separately. And talk to all of them in person. Aim or text won't cut it. Good LuckWas i too harsh on my friends? Are they really my friends?
Maybe yelling wasn't the best solution. I think if you had maybe been more firm in the way you told them to shut up, it would have made a world of difference.And then if they didn't listen, maybe staying away from them a bit would have helped.



And maybe they're mad at you for the 'the other things' you said and not about this Charlie bit. Why don't you ask them?



Never let up on a friendship for something as small as this. Sit down and talk to them. Apologize if needed, since saying sorry never makes you the smaller person. The exact opposite in fact.



Then when you've tried talking to them, and they're still too angry to talk to you, give it some time. If in a week or two, they're still angry, then that's when you know that they're being immature and aren't your real friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment