Thursday, June 2, 2011

Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?

Hi,

I want to be a Jpop singer, I am half-black/half-white (and proud!) so have no asian in me, which will make it harder for me I know. But I need to know certain things and how I can get a better chance of being signed on (I'm hoping to audition fo Sony Music Japan's International Audition):



1. What age should I audition? At first I was planning to when I was 17-18 but I've heard that people debut at that age and I'd obviously be training for a while, so then i thought auditioning at 15. I'm currently 12. What age do you think?

2. I think I know the answer to this but need it confirmed. Will my bot being asian mean I will go solo? Because I'm learning bass guitar?

3. I can't always reach higher notes, and when I do I can't sing them very loud. What pop-rock songs could compliment my voice without to many high notes?

4. For the Sony Music Japan International Audition how do I send it? I mean, what do I actually send? Do i just send a demo tape/video and photos, and how do I make the demo? Should I write anything or just speak it in the video?

5. Would I have a better chance of being signed on if I had a youtube account (with subscribers etc.)?

6. Would I have a better chance if I had an agent, or 'connections'?

7. What are some ways I can have a better chance of being signed on?

8. Are there agencies in Japan for foreigners? Any specific agenciesyou recommend?

9. Will I have to change my look, (permanently straighten my hair, whiten my skin, surgery??)

10. Any tips, advice or ideas?



Sorry there are so many questions! I know I haven't said much about myself but if you need the information I'll put it up or email me. Please help me, Thank You!Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
Well, First you should know something about Japanese culture and you should learn to speak japanese. Depending on what kind of music you perform (rock, hip hop, pop etc...) you should practice your instrument and singing/dancing etc. I would also say the earlier you audition the better because if you don't make it this try you can learn from your mistakes and hopefully make it next time bcos you're still young and that is your greatest asset now. Also, try to get in a band and make japanese friends. When I was in tokyo last time I saw a long line of ppl waiting for auditions (a really long line!) Your look will depend on what kind of music you play...so if you look at some Jpop acts you like and see what styles they have that is the look you want but tweak it to your own style. Also, I'm not going to lie to you it will be tough because you are not japanese, but that goes for any field in japan not just music. The agencies for geinokai (entertain industry) for foreigners are mostly for commercials, modeling, background, dancing etc.More than sending an audition tape, my advice for you is to create or get into a band in Japan if possible, focus on your music and get some live shows. Ganbatte kudasai!(Good Luck)Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
well i wanna be the same as you im black too and mixed you would have to speak fluent japanese and read pretty well too.keep on singing in japanese and the more you sing the more you get better inQuestions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
J-pop is songs written mainly in Japanese. If you want to be a J-pop singer, you need to learn and sing in Japanese. Or you will not be a J-pop singer, just a singer of another kind.



4, Ask Sony. They are the one who has the audition.



5, Youtube does not make it any different.



7, Be better at singing.



8, I have heard agencies for foreign models or actors. But not singers.



9, You need to discuss it with your agency. Not people here.Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
It is the same as becoming a singer and performer where you live now, you need a gimmick or act or something that makes you better than the others.



Record labels search for new talent yearly. They look for people/acts/groups that are big on the local scenes. You need to start performing in shows, contests and wherever you are now. You need experience and exposure. If you are performing in small shows, you need to work your way up to the next level. Play bigger bars and newer venues. You need to be in a band or learn to be a lead or front man. You could also form your own boy band. But usually boy bands are manuafactured by talent agencies.



Image, what is your image? You need to have an image and that is part of your act and routine. Your image needs to match the music you are making now. Your image and your music have to match. You cannot be a metal masher with a country boy look. Your image needs to be unique, how many others out there look and have an act like yours?



Third, you need an agent. The agent needs to get you auditions, shows and opportunities.



There are bands and singers from outside Japan that make it in Japan or have hits in Japan because they had hits in their original country. Their music hit a special niche in Japan and it took off. There was a Euro-Pop band that was a craze in Japan. %26quot;Dragostea din tei%26quot; (Romanian pronunciation: [č—ždragosteć‘Ša din tej]), informally known as %26quot;The Numa Numa Song%26quot;, was a huge hit in Japan. I was seeing that group on all of the Japanese variety shows and hearing that song everywhere. They had a song and it was a hit in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment