Thursday, June 2, 2011

Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?

Hi,

I want to be a Jpop singer, I am half-black/half-white (and proud!) so have no asian in me, which will make it harder for me I know. But I need to know certain things and how I can get a better chance of being signed on (I'm hoping to audition fo Sony Music Japan's International Audition):



1. What age should I audition? At first I was planning to when I was 17-18 but I've heard that people debut at that age and I'd obviously be training for a while, so then i thought auditioning at 15. I'm currently 12. What age do you think?

2. I think I know the answer to this but need it confirmed. Will my bot being asian mean I will go solo? Because I'm learning bass guitar?

3. I can't always reach higher notes, and when I do I can't sing them very loud. What pop-rock songs could compliment my voice without to many high notes?

4. For the Sony Music Japan International Audition how do I send it? I mean, what do I actually send? Do i just send a demo tape/video and photos, and how do I make the demo? Should I write anything or just speak it in the video?

5. Would I have a better chance of being signed on if I had a youtube account (with subscribers etc.)?

6. Would I have a better chance if I had an agent, or 'connections'?

7. What are some ways I can have a better chance of being signed on?

8. Are there agencies in Japan for foreigners? Any specific agencies you recommend?

9. Will I have to change my look, (permanently straighten my hair, whiten my skin, surgery??)

10. Any tips, advice or ideas?



Sorry there are so many questions! I know I haven't said much about myself but if you need the information I'll put it up or email me. Please help me, Thank You!Questions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
Wow! A Japanese artist, good luck. I'm Japanese and Polish,but I'm working on Korean rap and pop music for myself, haha. If that doesn't work out I still have modeling and acting, journalism etc. I'm turning 18, I compose my own songs. So I would advise you to experience different feelings, love, hate, sadness, despair, feeling of want of any kind you want love or you want to destroy something. Since you are twelve and you are human, remember humans change your mind. I was supposed actually be an artist until like I really started thinking about it more for the past couple months and truthfully I don't have the passion or desire to draw anymore. I love expressing my creativity in writing, and singing. Sound is the biggest thing in my life, so music is very important to me. I advise you to take up music classes, both vocal and instrumental. Don't just learn the bass guitar, learn other instruments trust me. Get a vocal teacher or coach, learn piano. Since your still twelve you voice is continuing to change just keep practicing, bathrooms have echos it's fun to sing and hear your voice in their so sing in the shower. Warm your voice up, you should start trying to audition around 15. I have been modeling for little things around here where I live. If you don't get accepted the first time, don't get upset just try and work harder for next time. You may go solo and you may not, that depends on the company and what they have plans for you. It's usually a demo CD, I know some companies accept youtube video auditions, but to be sure google the SONY Music Japan International Audition when you find their website click around, read everything. Make sure your voice is clean, that means no auto-tune. Take up dance to, you don't have to be perfect but since you want to do Jpop that includes dancing. I studied dance for five years, all five years I studied ballet, tap, jazz, and hip-hop. On the side, i have friends who do popping, break dance, and other new movement dance so I learned things from them. Practice in mirrors, keep in shape. Learn Japanese if you don't know it. Sorry this all out of place, my heads just giving out advice as it comes to me. I learned how to belly-dance too. Watch Youtube dance tutorials, learn different moves. Once I compose six songs of my own, Korean rap and pop, that's when I decide to make a Youtube account. If I see people watching it, I will then create a Myspace Music account. Usually internet resources are good for people, because they see what you are capable of and may contact you through there. I don't know what the percentage chance of getting noticed on Youtube is, but Justin Bieber or whatever his name is did it so we might as well too. Take a chance it's always worth it one way or another, make sure your allowed to though. Agents could work wonders, but they would probably give you some tests put you through other things besides singing first. Like minor commercials, modeling, maybe minor parts in scenes of dramas or movies. By the time you get into music, or singing for music may be in your twenties. Although getting an agent can be pretty hard. I got scouted for modeling, join competitions and talent shows for singing maybe someone will find you and scout you. Going under the knife is a big deal, just use a straightening iron if you want to straighten your hair. Skin color, is a big deal you shouldn't change that. If they can't accept you for who you were created as maybe they just aren't for you. Maybe you will find someone that is interested in you, and if you are determined to be doing something with Japanese Agency well then don't give up, have a strong mind and make them accept you and if they don't they will be missing out someone who could be a top star. Or something along the lines. I don't know anything about Japanese agencies to tell you the truth, if I ever find out anything I'll contact you by e-mail. Go full speed towards your dreams, don't let anyone put you down and tell you it's unrealistic or impossible because nothing is. Everything is possible, be strong minded. Voice your opinion, make sure your making your parents know your serious that way they'll give you their support and will help you. Learn everything you can about Japan from their manners, to society, to background, history, everything. Remember humans change their minds, I changed mine and I had that %26quot;want to be an artist%26quot; since first grade, it started lessening year by year in high school.



Check out these artists:

AA!

Ai Otsuka

Anna Tsuchiya

Ayumi Hamasaki

Buono!

GaGaaling

Hearts Grow

Hitomi Takahashi

Ikimono Gakari

Jinn

Kanon Wakeshima

Kitade Nana

Koda Kumi

KOKIA

Maki Goto

mihimaru GT

Mika Nakashima

Morning Musume

Nami Tamaki

Namie Amuro

Nana Mizuki

Okina Reika

OLIVIA (olivia lufkin if you can't find her under olivia)

Tarru

Tommy Heavenly6

Tsuji Shion

YUI

Yui Horie

Yui Makino

Yuki Kajiura



these are some artists from my itunes that are female, listen to some oQuestions about becoming a Jpop Singer?
I can't give you any specifics, but I can tell you this: If you're 12, no one will take you seriously unless your parents/guardians get involved. I take it you are curently living in Japan, it will take quite some time and hard work before you can make your debut, even if you were to pass the audition, so you need to make sure you'll be in the country for the foreseeable future otherwise no one will want to invest in you. And yes, you'll need a manager, there are legalities involved. If none of these presents a problem, then speak with your parents and seek out a talent agency, they'll provide the rest of the answers you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment