Thursday, November 18, 2010

A few questions on account information for "youtube"?

A few years ago, I decided to get a youtube account. I guess I was careless. I had a stupid user name, and I got lazy with the age, and put 42 years old, even though I am now 16.



I still use the same email address.



Is it possible to change the age info user name info while keepign the account? Or will I have to create a new one? And how would I be able to use tthe same email address?



Thanks.A few questions on account information for %26quot;youtube%26quot;?
The very first time when you registered with YouTube,

you had to give your birthdate, and that's what has to

change. Unfortunately, that can't be undone.



If the only thing you want is to change the age which

is displayed on your channel, that cannot be undone

either, but at least there are 1 or 2 things you can do:

You can a) block out your age such that nobody can

see it or b) write about yourself in more detail in your

profile box:



1 -- click %26quot;ACCOUNT%26quot;, beside the 鈻?at the very top of the page

(you'll get a new page with black titles and many blue subtitles)



2 -- click %26quot;PROFILE SETUP%26quot;, the 2nd black title on the very left

(you will get 6 options including the 2nd one %26quot;Personal Details%26quot;)



3 -- click %26quot;PERSONAL DETAILS%26quot;

(new options will open up below)



4a -- to block your age, click the only empty BULLET you'll see

4b -- to talk about yourself, click on the 1st option %26quot;ABOUT ME%26quot;



5 -- click on %26quot;SAVE CHANGES%26quot;



Believe it or not...if you have already %26quot;signed-in%26quot; on YouTube as

you're reading my answer, you can actually change that aspect

from right here within Yahoo!Answers by clicking my link below,

which will bring you right to YOUR VERY OWN channel details:



www . youtube . com / account profile / personal

http://www.youtube.com/accountprofile/p



(If you must first %26quot;sign-in%26quot;, afterward be sure to click on the 2nd

black title on the left called %26quot;Profile Setup%26quot;.)



I hope that my step-by-step instructions and direct link was the

answer you were looking for.



Note: you can use the same email address to create a different

account, but if you have already been %26quot;suspended%26quot; for infringing

copyright, your new account will also be suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment