Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hair quick-change help!?

I'm performing a few scenes from the musical Spring Awakening with some of my friends for a casual talent show.



I have to play an older-aged woman with her hair up in a bun or some other motherly hairstyle, then I'm also playing a young girl with her hair in braids or pigtails.



I have about 3-4 seconds to switch characters. I'm planning on wearing an apron around my waist which i can flig off quickly, but i also want to do something with my hair that i can take down quickly. i want to rig it so that my hair is already in braids or something at the beginning, but pulled back in a bun, and i can just pull something out and the braids will come down.



I've tried a few different things but nothing seems to be working smoothly, does anyone have experience with these kind of quick changes or any advice?

Here's the scenes we're doing if anyone wants an idea of how long i have to change



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApMbhWFw (the change takes place at 4:49, ends when we start singing)Hair quick-change help!?
I was thinking the same as Emma :)Hair quick-change help!?
For the girl wear high pig tail braids and when you are the older lady, twist the two braids together then bun them on top of your head!Hair quick-change help!?
Yeah, Emma's idea's the way to go :)
  • tvs
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment