Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?

I talked to my dad about it, he said I have to talk to my mom. I'm worried she'll say no. I know they care about me and want me to be safe 100%, but they let me show my face on Facebook and I'd consider it the same thing. I'm um, under 14 years old...(I'm not gonna share my real age)



But I get good grades. I get straight A's on my report cards. I usually never like to go outdoors, and have been on the computer more than 3 hours per day, no matter what occasion.



If it's dangerous, could I lie about my name, and where I live? Like I'll say I live in another completely different state, even thought I don't. And I'll change my first AND last name. Would that be okay? How risky is it? Thanks! :)If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
i think its fine if you show your face as long as you dont put personal information or even lie about the information its fine, but think about it people can see your face and even print out a frame from the video and tape your picture up on their wall. Idk in my opinion it just creeps me out but millions do it i think its safe i mean you do it on facebook whats the difference? can you help http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
Listen my parents went through the same thing with me i did it anyway and they realized its ok to show your face as long as your smart enough to not give out anything but your first nameIf you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
I'd say if you put your face up anywhere online, use fake information. Unless you're going to make it ONLY viewable to friends. There are lots of creepers online.If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
facebook is safer then youtube because you can make it so only people you know see your name/ face.

but anyways yea dont put ur last name and i dont see any harm in showing your faceIf you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
It's not that risky if you do the right steps. Stuff that you said, changing your name, to maybe your %26quot;online%26quot; nick, anything you use on any forums or games. And about age and location, you can edit your profile so no one can see that. So basically all they know is how you look. I think it's safe, but if you're under 13 years old, then it might be too early, wait until you're maybe 14; that's what I would suggest.If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
I wouldn't if I were your parent. Facebook is much less safe than youtube. Facebook requires your real name.



I'm %26quot;old%26quot; but still don't want my face on the internet and rarely use my real name and never give my address or personal info out to strangers.If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
Personally, I do it because I figure, %26quot;Well who wants to stalk me?%26quot; But it's dangerous cause there's a lot of creepers out there just looking for under-aged kids to do bad stuff to and/or stalk. As long as you use fake info, never agree to meet people in real life, don't talk to weirdos online and get friendly, then it should be all good. Just get your parents ok first.



On a side note, thank you for being so literate.If you were my parent, would you let me show my face on Youtube?
ok
  • connect laptop to a tv
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment